Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December's GPR (Guest Product Review)

MAC Lipglass in Pink Fade  ($14.50) - Pink fade is a pale bubblegum pink lip gloss. This lipglass glides on so smoothy and leaves a nice coverage over the lips. I was surprised at how opaque the coloring was because most light colored lipglosses I buy from other brands have a hard time covering my very pigmented lips. Pink Fade is a gorgeous cool toned pink color and is comparable to the coloring of NYX Athena Round Lipstick but with a glossy finish. The lipglass lasted longer than most glosses, and it left a nice pale tint to my lips once all of the glossiness wore away. I am normally not a fan of such pale lip colors but this was so gorgeous that I find myself reaching for it more than most of my other glosses.

PROS
    •    Has an opaque finish
    •    Lasts much longer than most of my other glosses
    •    Unique color
    •    Formula isn't on the sticky side

CONS
    •    A bit expensive when it comes to lip glosses.
    •    Settles into the lines on your lips
    •    Has a strange scent
    •    Bottle is small / Not a lot of product


    •    APPLICATION: 4/5
    •    PIGMENTATION: 4/5
    •    LONGEVITY: 4/5
    •    TEXTURE: 5/5
    •    VALUE: 4/5
    •    OVERALL: 4/5   
 


I would definitely purchase this product again. If not in the same color (since it is a limited edition) I would definitely choose a lipglass. The coverage is amazing and the quality of the product is well worth the money. If you are looking for a long lasting lip gloss with a beautiful light pink color, Pink Fade is definitely the product for you!

Similar Products:  MAC Lipglass in Enchantee,
Where to Buy: MAC stores, Maccosmetics.com

PICTURES
 Packaging

 Lipglass Bottle

Applicator

On Lips

Wearing Pink Fade



e.l.f. Oil Shine Erasers (50 sheets for $1.00) - When it comes to oily skin, I pass with flying colors. I have a problem with the oil somehow creeping through and appearing after only a few hours of applying my make-up. A great way for me to prevent people from staring at shiny face is by using the oil blotting sheets to pick up a bit of the oil before it gets too out of control. 

If you have oily skin, you'll suffer no matter what but these sheets work pretty well to save yourself some time. If you have an extra $1 I would definitely pick these up!!

I can't speak for those who have dry skin, but they seem to be pretty pointless for those who don't need them.

Similar products: Clean and Clear Absorbing Sheets ($4.99)
Where to Buy: Target, K-mart, eyeslipsface.com

The casing is just a thin piece of cardboard, and is pretty flimsy.

 The actual sheets are spotted (not exactly sure why) but they work well for only being $1!

(Before and After sheets)






*This blog is intended to be viewed within www.VisualeyesDesigns.com website.  Please click on website link to view full website!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment